Location: 87 Florida Avenue and Portfolio Properties
Office Hours: 9am – 6:00pm, Evening and Weekends as needed
Nest DC is a boutique property management firm focusing on residential rental units exclusively in Washington, D.C. We offer traditional property management for residences as well as design and construction management services. The Leasing Specialist runs point on a portfolio of properties to ensure prospective tenants and owners get thorough communication, along with working in a team-based environment.
- Responds to inquiries (email & phone) within 4 hours during the business day and no more than 24 hours
- Schedules and conducts showings in all four quadrants of the city
- Shows units with a strategy and plan for walking potential tenants through a space
- Communicates with applicants and future tenants using Appfolio to keep accurate records
- Executes leases and maintains compliance
- Processes prospective tenants applications and moves applications to offer a lease
- Drafts leases in Appfolio and/or assists in electronic signature of documents as needed
- Assists with move-in coordination when needed
- Learns all property details and retains information from listings and questionnaire in and out day to be an expert on the space and the owner’s preferences
- Communicates with clients and potential clients in a timely manner
- Learns the history of neighborhoods and their amenities (schools, restaurants, grocery stores, bars, events, etc.) and keeps up with new openings to better represent homes
- Demonstrates expertise of the rental market and landscape to more effectively advise owners on pricing and strategy
- Works with owners to set price and effectively coaches owners through leasing process
- Updates owners twice-weekly at minimum, and more as necessary depending on owner's preferences and activity level of property
- Actively contributes to quarterly team profit and service goals
- 2-year or 4-year degree
- Previously in the workforce for a minimum of 2 to 4 years/li>
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for Success
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and is self-directive
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately to a range of audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to jump into new tasks and help out other team members
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word and Excel
- Computer literate
- Ability to quickly learn property management software and tools
- Helps answer client calls and field general questions about Nest/Roost
- Some knowledge of DC and comfortability driving and parking in the city
- Successful in high-paced, ever-changing work environment
How to Apply
Interested and enthusiastic applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Veronica Vivas: [email protected] | Subject Line: Leasing Specialist
- No phone calls please. Applications accepted until position filled.
- Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of the organization will be considered applicants and will receive responses from Flock.
- Flock provides a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Flock is an equal opportunity employer.